Monday, May 31, 2010

Throughout this course i have learned many different things about the inner workings of our government. I've learned exactly how big the government is and how many things make up the bureaucracy. Before this course, I didn't know how much the bureaucracy made up our government and how much they controlled the government. I also realized how the media affects what we see, hear, and think about what goes on in the world. The media is almost always biased, and many times will make exaggerate things to induce panic or make you think the way they want you to.
I think the most valuable thing that I have learned from this class is the basic inner workings of the government. I've learned things from the policy making process to the media's influence on politics. I've learned how complex our court system is and how much power Congress really has. This class has really opened up my eyes and shown me what all makes up American politics.
I think the blog assignments were very valuable in helping me make a real world connection with what we were studying in class. Having articles or videos showed us the different ways that media is used in today's world. It was also a much funner alternative to writing essays.
Overall, this was a great class. I will take away from this class a greater understanding of American government and how it runs. I will use this new knowledge to develop my own opinions about the government and it will help me decide who I should vote for in the future.

No comments:

Post a Comment